Personal Rights and General Data Protection Rules (GDPR):
Personal rights are important to Re-Compose. We undertake to protect and respect your privacy in connection with your use of our website and our products (collectively referred to as "Products" or "Service"). The information contained herein includes how we collect, use, disclose, share and store your information.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
For an overview of the rules for the protection of personal data inside and outside the European Union (EU) visit the EU GDPR Information Portal.
Collecting and using personal information:
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
These include, for example, your name, e-mail address, telephone, credit or debit card or other payment information, information about your use of our Products and information collected from third parties, such as tracking technologies or customer support solutions. These services can identify you as a private person via the before mentioned or through a tracking cookie, or enable online or offline contact with you as an individual.
What personal data we collect:
We can collect the following information from you:
- Personal information - This is information that you provide yourself (for example, when you purchase one of our products), such as your name or email address.
- Business information - Information such as your company name, billing address, company email address, as well as company number and VAT number for persons who need an invoice that is stated on behalf of their company.
- Purchase information - When you purchase one of our products, we collect your name and email address, as well as information associated with the purchase (e.g. license code, transaction number).
- Usage data and log file - If you use our products, we may collect anonymous information about their use (after your permission has been granted). This includes information such as the version of the operating system used, alarms and errors during use, and how you use the product - number of times open, pages visited, etc. The data collected is either transmitted periodically from your device to our servers or in a log file directly on your device.
- Third-party services - We use a number of third-party solutions to provide our service to you. These include an online payment service (Paypal) for payment processing, tracking solutions (Google Analytics, AddThis) for traffic analysis of our website, customer service (Desk.com) for help desk ticketing, self-service and customer service support functions, direct mailing (Mailchimp) for marketing automation and others.
- Billing information - This is information that you provide yourself at checkout when you purchase one of our products: your name, email address, telephone, credit or debit card or other payment information, as well as the billing address.
- Tracking information - Device information such as operating system version, device type, screen size and pages visited in an anonymous form.
Confidentiality and security:
We keep your information confidential and secure, and follow best practices in the industry to protect the information you provide. Sometimes it may be necessary to share data with a third-party service, see section Disclosure of Your Personal Information for details. Apart from that, we will not share your personal information with third parties without your written consent.
Electronic payment processing:
This includes an online payment service which is used for purchases on our website for shopping cart and payment processing. This service is provided by a third party who, in the case of purchase of one of our products, sends you a confirmation of your purchase (to the e-mail address specified during the purchase process and deposited with the third party).
This includes newsletters and email notifications that are used as part of our service delivery or user experience. For example, you will receive a reminder that your trial is about to expire or a confirmation of the purchase of one of our products.
The newsletter service we offer is subject to your explicit consent ('opt-in'), while e-mail notifications are delivered by default (for example, to provide you with the license code for a purchased product). If you would like to cancel your subscription with any of these services, please use the unsubscribe button in a message from us or reply to the received mailing so we can remove you from the list.
We use multiple technologies for tracking purposes between the products on our website and across multiple devices. See the following list:
- User identification: Cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used to help you recognize our use of our products (so you do not have to sign up each time you visit our website).
- Analytics: We use different technologies to track website visits (desktop and mobile) for analysis. This allows us to better understand what information visitors to our site are looking for and how we can optimize the site to make the most of it. See section Google Analytics and AddThis hereafter.
We use AddThis, a bookmarking service that makes it easier to bookmark web pages. This is made possible by buttons that show a list of bookmarking and sharing services when you hover over the buttons with the cursor or click them. In the course of using these buttons, as well as the visit of our website, this service collects visitor information, e.g. the number of page visits and clicks. The service may also process your personal information before sending it to us.
Log files (web browser):
Log file information is automatically reported by your web browser every time you access a web page. When you visit our website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends when you visit a website. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/outgoing pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
Log files (software application):
Log file information is automatically generated on your device (desktop, laptop) each time the application is started. Each time the application is restarted, a possible existing old log file, including all entries contained therein, is deleted by overwriting. While using the application on your device, various information from the application (such as error messages, alarms) is stored in the log file. This supports error analysis in case of a problem and gives hints to the history (to reproduce a specific error).
The log file is not transferred to our servers. It must be manually sent by the customer, e.g. to our customer service in case of error analysis.
We use third-party software to track the opening of the HTML formatted version of the newsletter, as well as all links clicked on it. Based on the data we collect, we can decide what content is relevant to you and how we best represent it.
We use Desk.com, an online service from Salesforce Inc. ("Salesforce") for help desk ticketing, self-service, and customer service support functions. In the course of processing a support request, your name and your e-mail address will be collected. Sometimes it may be necessary to share certain personal, business or purchase information through the ticketing system used for customer service. In this regard, we point out that this service is provided by a third party (Salesforce) who can analyze interactions with customers (usage data, etc.) to improve this service. We reduce the sharing of your personal information to a minimum, so as not to unnecessarily expose it to third parties.
Protection of personal data:
We store your personal information that you provided when you purchase or use one of our products on our secure servers in the EU. Some information, such as payment information, is only stored by the individual payment processor (for which their servers may be located in a different region from the one previously mentioned).
To transfer information over the Internet, we use technologies such as SSL and HTTPS to encrypt information or establish a secure connection. Once the information is received, strict rules and security mechanisms will be applied to protect your information from unauthorized access.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secret. We recommend that you change your password frequently and not pass it on to third parties.
Use of the collected data:
We use the personal information you provide to operate, maintain and provide the features of the Services in accordance with the agreement between you and us.
We use the information stored about you in the following ways:
- Your email address will be used to send you service-related information, including notices required by law, instead of being sent by post. We may also use your e-mail address to (a) send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the service or special offers. If you do not want to receive such messages, you can deactivate or change your settings on the settings page; (b) provide you with customer service communications; (c) ask you to fill out surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to answer them; and (d) to fulfill your orders.
- Non-personally identifiable information may be used without identifying you as a natural person to third parties. We do this for purposes such as: (a) analyzing how the services are used; (b) to diagnose service or technical problems; and (c) to maintain security.
Disclosure of your personal information:
We may share your personal information with our group of companies, including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also share your personal information with third parties as follows:
- Under certain circumstances, we may need to share your personal information with third parties based on your specific needs so that they can provide a service you requested or respond to a request from that party. For example, if you contact customer service using a ticketing system provided by a third party (but operated by us). It is the responsibility of third parties, who authorize you, to obtain information, to protect this information in accordance with applicable law and to use it only to provide the services or information you request.
- In certain circumstances, we may share the personal information you provide to us with third parties offering or completing goods or services that complement our own to enhance our users' experience through integrated or complementary functions. or bundled pricing options.
- When our service providers (such as hosting, market analysts and payment service providers) need this information to provide services to us. We require each of our service providers to commit to maintaining the confidentiality of your disclosed personal information.
- When we buy or sell assets or any of our products, or when we or all of our assets are acquired by a third party. Customer, email, and visitor information is typically one of the business assets transferred to these transactions. We may also transfer this information in connection with business disposals, mergers or liquidation.
Non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/leaving pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) may be shared with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for the services.
Access and delete personal information:
Currently, we do not provide access to your personal information through an online account or email.
To request the deletion of your personal information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your continued use of Re-Compose products indicates that you accept such changes.